Monday, April 9, 2012

Green thumbs


I find it semi-embarrassing to tell you that I am pretty much incapable of keeping a plant alive and healthy. I mean, maybe if you paid me, I would be able to come over and water your plants while you were out of town. But there is no way I have the ability to keep a plant of my very own alive without serious incentive or constant reminder. I guess this is ok. I mean, not everyone is a "green thumb". But I can scientifically say that this trait does not run in families. My mom is a fabulous green thumb. She even tries to come over and save the plants that I have relentlessly neglected. Which is strange, because otherwise, I am a very caring a thoughtful person. Just apparently not to things that don't speak or have a pulse.

So that's it. Any tips on how to be better at it? Remember, tips for a hopeless person who probably won't do them... I just wish I could be one of those people with a beautiful garden! At least I can handle flowers, those are expected to die after a few days. How morbid, right!?

Anyway, are you a 'green thumb'?? I hope so, there should be more splendid people like you in the world to keep apartments green and homes smelling like Christmas year round! :)

(They say succulents are easy to keep, maybe I could handle that? The above picture is via picable).

No comments:

Post a Comment