Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Disappointment


You know that feeling where you find out something so disappointing that you are kind of in shock? I don't know how else to put it. I'm sure we all react differently. Like when you get a ticket or find out you missed a deadline for something you really care about. Well, I think my shock turns into sadness/ disappointment mixed with some anger (partially at myself, and partially at usually the 'thing' that caused the heartache).

Maybe this is all a little too cryptic. Basically, I'm upset because of a mailing error. I'm trying to get approved to take an exam to become a licensed clinical social worker.. but that means I must go through the state licensing board to do this, which isn't always the smoothest. Long story short, the letter got lost in the mail. On top of that, they are having me resubmit documents due to technicalities (can you sense my rage?).

I bring this up because when things like this happen to me, I think I feel frozen. Like, ineffective. As in what I've done so far hasn't worked- so what in the world can I do now to make it better? Or, GEEZ, this takes up so much of my energy, time, and emotions, I don't know if I can do this all again today! It's just hard for me. Does this make any sense? I hope I'm not alone.

So I thought I'd bring it up here. Partially to help me cope with my feelings and be able to get the drive to fix everything, partially just to reach out and see if there's anyone else like me, and to verify that, it's okay NOT to be perfect.

(photo credit unknown)

No comments:

Post a Comment