Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Where to eat Wednesday: Gottsui




A few weeks ago, Zac and I acted more spontaneously than we usually do, and we tried out an awesome new Japanese restaurant on the west side. Japanese food is my all time favorite, with sushi, udon, curry, yakiniku, ramen, it's all so good!

So for a fun advenuture this week, I recommend going to check out Gottsui. They specialize in okonomiyaki and teppanyaki. And my only critique is that the okonomiyaki was really salty, but I think that's how it's supposed to be. The atmosphere was fun and the service was great! The server recommended a drink for me called Yuzu honey water and after noticing I wasn't that into it, promptly got me another, much better drink called Calpico water, it was fun and delicious.

The cool part is when I was in Japan a few years ago visiting my bubby, Amanda, we tried okonomiyaki while in Kyoto. So I could tell this is the real thing!



(top image from Gottsui, bottom image of our okonomiyaki in Japan. They're like Japanese crepes, with bacon!)

No comments:

Post a Comment