Monday, June 11, 2012

Dream Interpretation



So last night, I had a dream that I was auditioning for a movie with the one and only George Clooney. It was vivid, he was there, I was nervous. My feelings of anxiety were clearly representative of my anxiety leading up to the exam I took today, the first part in my pursuit to get my license as a clinical social worker. I have to say though, in my real conscious life, I think I handled my anxiety pretty well. It helped that Zac was there being awesome cooking me dinners and doing the dishes, and all of my lovely friends and family provided very sweet support and encouragement. Of course, in my dream, I never found out how I did, I never even made it into the actual audition. But in real life, I made it to the test, and....

I did it!

My strategy worked! I told myself, "You can do this, you've studied enough, and you're smart, gosh darnit!" I had to really work to not let the nerves get to me. It didn't hurt that I'm a little superstitious either, and I happened to schedule the test on what would be my mom and dad's 40TH wedding anniversary. I guess you can say I felt like I had dad in my corner for this one, and I had baby in my belly as a good luck charm too :)

So that's it. I passed my test! I still have one more test to go, but now I've got a little confidence under my belt, and have heard that the 2nd one isn't as bed. PHEW. So it's time to celebrate!

What will you take time to celebrate today?

No comments:

Post a Comment