Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Where to Eat Wednesdays: Bottega Louie


So as promised, I tried somewhere new and exciting for dinner on my birthday, Bottega Louie, in downtown LA. I had heard a lot of good things about this place, and since I'm always keen on Italian food when I get to pick the place (because Zac NEVER wants to go out for Italian), I thought this was the perfect choice.

Bottega Louie is kind of known for their dessert bar/ bakery, and particularly their "macarons" (double "o" intentionially left out, Italian thing? not sure). And as you can see below, they come in many flavors and are delicious if you're into macarons.


I might have the biggest sweet tooth known to man, so I was particularly smitten by their butterscotch dessert that was ridiculously good, with just the right amount of salt to give that balance of decadence.

Overall, the place was a lot of fun. We did have to wait (over an hour!) for our table, but they don't take reservations, and we had a large party, so I wasn't too surprised. BUT, we got to hang out by their fun bar and mingle which really is all I wanted to do anyway. The ambiance was nice, and the restaurant is in a beautiful old building downtown which made the high ceilings and big windows that much more impressive. It was noisy, but who cares? We were there to talk anyway!

So cheers to birthdays! This one was pretty awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment