Sunday, July 22, 2012

Furniture Fun


After months of deliberations (literally), we bought a desk! It seems a little ridiculous to toil over a decision for so long, but since Zac and I come from very different places when considering investing in furniture, we really had to mull this one over. But in the end, we found a compromise, and I'm just so excited to be able to start the "nesting"/ decorating process to prepare for baby.

So what do you think? I'm totally into white right now, so I'm loving the simplicity of the desk. It also comes in a mirror and metal wrapped finish, which I loved, but the staff at West Elm advised against both for durability reasons. All and all, I agreed, and figured the more expensive options weren't worth it if they were likely to warp or be more easily damaged.

Do you like decorating? Does it come easy to you or do you think things over way too much like me? I wish it came easier to me, but I try to have fun in the process!

(desk from West Elm)

2 comments:

  1. First of all that desk you picked is as big as a dinning room table. But I likey! I loveee to decorate but I like to decorate starting with what people have a then doing the feng shui thing making the space workable thats my fave starting from scratch is hard!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha Pam, the desk is not as large as it look in the photo. That may even be a different size than the one I got, but you get the idea! :)

    ReplyDelete