Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Where to Eat Wednesday: Carne Asada


Happy Independence Day America!

In honor of today being a national holiday, and considering that it is a true American tradition to BBQ, I thought I'd share with you my all time favorite bbq item:
carne asada!

It makes sense that I love this so much because it's one of those rare, special meals made at home that you really don't have to do any prep work for, other than throw it on the grill. We order from an authentic Mexican place not far from where we live called Sánchez Carnicería. The marinated meat comes by the pound, and it comes marinated with onions and herbs- it doesn't get any better than that. And I have to thank my dear friend, Esteban, for exposing me to the amazing idea at one of his famous parties.

So, are you bbq'ing today? If not, how do you celebrate the holiday? Lounge in your pajamas and celebrate your freedom to do so? Watch fireworks? Hang at the pool? I plan on seeing fireworks for the first time since I was a kid, in New York City!

Happy 4th, y'all.

(photo from a travel blog)

No comments:

Post a Comment