Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Childbirth classes


Last week, Zac and I went to our first childbirth class. It wasn't as crazy as it sounds. It was just a bunch of couples, like us, listening to a very entertaining and knowledgable woman. We brought pillows, we (I) practiced breathing (of course), and we soaked up information.

The best part was that the "teacher" (or whatever she's called?) really emphasized the importance of the coach, or in my case, Zac. I loved this because up until this point everything has been so focused on me- my pregnancy, my belly, my pre-natal yoga class.. yada yada yada.. So it was refreshing, and I think so important, to put the spotlight on Zac. Because let's face it, his role in this whole thing is crucial. He's my rock. And I certainly trust that he'll be there for me 100%, but I'm sure it's comforting for him to be included in this way. Regardless, so far we like the class, and I'm excited for the next three. :)

If you've been pregnant, did you take a childbirth class? Was it at your hospital or no? Did you find it helpful? If you haven't been through this, does it creep you out? Stress you out? Did I tell you that one of my best friends had an almost phobia of pregnant woman!? Until now.. :)

(funny photo found via Pinterest)

No comments:

Post a Comment