Tuesday, July 10, 2012

New York, New York


Have you ever read the lyrics to the song "New York, New York"? It's such an iconic song, and the words are so simple, but his voice gives you that feeling, like you're there. It points to the opportunity that symbolizes New York, and man, is Sinatra right.. if you can make it there, you can make it anywhere!

I got to experience the spirit of the song during my trip last week to the big apple. I had a really nice time visiting James' godmother (!), Amanda (AJ to you), my friend from the good ol' days of Las Vegas, 9th grade, and basketball. AJ and I really re-connected during the winter of 2002 when we were on break from our first semester of college, and we've been tight ever since, although almost always on different coasts.

On my trip, we went to Connecticut for a 4th of July BBQ, and I got to drive her car back to Manhattan, which was an exciting first! (For the record, I didn't hit one pedestrian!) After, we promptly got in pajamas after our day out in the sweaty heat, ordered pizza, and watched bad TV instead of fireworks. All and all, a great 4th.

Her darling boyfriend made us dinner one night, and the other days were filled with lots of delis and de-caf coffees.


I got to shop, stroll the parks, and see old friends and my fun Aunt Pam. It was great! And it was all topped off with a glorious dinner in Chinatown and $25 foot massages on my last night. Chinatown is pretty amazing. I highly recommend it. Check us out:


(look how happy she is:)

So I think that pretty much sums it up. New York is beautiful, but humid. I love how every time I go, I get to explore new eateries and improve upon my subway skills. But in the end, I really just wanted to go to spend much needed time with friends before all they want to do is hang out with James.. :)

See you soon, New York!


(Don't you love how the Empire State Building peeks through the arc?)

No comments:

Post a Comment