Thursday, May 10, 2012

Pre-Natal Yoga


Ever since finding out about being pregnanct, I struggled with exercising regularly because I had to stop the two active things I was doing before getting pregnant- hot yoga and kickboxing. So a couple of weeks ago I started a pre-natal yoga class at Fred Segal Studio. I didn't know exactly what to expect. Would it be just like regular yoga? Would I fit in? What would the other mommies be like? Luckily, my co-worker's wife introduced me to it, so I trusted it was a good recommendation.

So I went, and of course, the women were lovely and the instructor fabulous. I love it. It gives me another sense of connection to the baby, taking the time to hold my belly, focus my energy, and take care of me and the little nugget's growing body. So, so far so good! I would highly recommend it for any expecting mommies in the future! I only go once a week but it's such a great way to spend a Sunday morning and I leave feeling energized and strong. I suppose this recommendation extends to regular yoga too- it seems like common sense, but sometimes we forget how restorative it can be!

Would you do yoga when pregnant? Or another exercise? Next up, I'm going to start swimming!

2 comments:

  1. Well I taught exercise all my life and with each pregnancy ,I quit exercising each time. Not one little leg lift. I don't know why. But I believe a class like you are taking is the best thing in the world for you and your little nugget.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Pammy! I thought of Mel when I went at first because I remember her saying how much she loved Fred Segal! :)

    ReplyDelete