Thursday, March 1, 2012

Grandma's advice

My grandma, lately, has been checking in on me to see if I've been drinking my smoothies. Yes, smoothies. Now, don't get ahead of yourself- this is not an "oh, silly grandma" story, but an "oh my gosh, my grandma is so cool" story. Today I wanted to share a secret with you. My grandma is one of the healthiest women I know. I would tell you her age, but she would hire someone to have me killed. Let's just leave it at this- she is spectacular, and healthy, which is something I really admire about her. So take it from grandma, this is how to stay strong and healthy:

Every day, make a smoothie. All you need is some ice, a blender, and an assortment of fruit. Grandma recommends red grapes because they have antioxidants and make the smoothie taste "chocolatey", and a banana. Otherwise, feel free to throw in some berries, melon, you name it. Personally, I like berries and I include some nonfat vanilla yogurt, I'm not sure if that's what grandma includes in hers, but I've tried it this way, and it is de-licious. So that's it. An easy piece of advice to start your day off right, get MUCH needed vitamins and anti-oxidants in our otherwise nutrient void foods, AND it tastes good! I swear! Leave it to grandma to have it all figured out. Are you close with your grandma or grandpa? Do they, or did they ever give you advice, or recipes? (picture of Eleanor, aka, grandma; isn't she gorgeous?)

No comments:

Post a Comment