Monday, May 12, 2014

Oh, Alameda

I think I love you.






Zac and I applied for an apartment in Alameda this weekend, and we cannot wait to hear if we get to call this place home! It came about kind of unexpectedly, after looking at places all throughout the bay area, when this semi- affordable (for bay area standards) place came up in the little island east of SF, we figured we'd check it out. We were mildly familiar with the area because Zac's brother, Brett, had lived there a few years back. It's close to the city, where Zac is currently commuting 3 days a week, and I keep seeing job opportunities for myself in Oakland (just next door), so we figured it had some good potential.

Well, we ended up falling in love with a little 2 bedroom triplex just a few blocks off of Park St, the town's main drag. The area is filled with antique shops, young families like us, and last Saturday, apparently, a vegetable festival. And random fun fact: Alameda has one of the nation's best flea markets! I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but please, cross your fingers, and your toes, that we get this place. We really want it.

Sending lots of love to you on this Monday night.

(pictures above all found via Pinterest)

No comments:

Post a Comment