Monday, October 14, 2013

Movie review Monday: Gravity

Today was such a treat. I had the day off, and James' child care was open, so I had the entire day to myself! This happens rarely, so I took advantage of it.



My girl friend, Katie, and I went shopping, had lunch, and saw a 1:30pm matinée! It was glorious. The movie was good. However, I found myself wanting more after all of the hype. Not to say Sandra didn't nail it, but I noticed myself thinking 'this is Sandra Bullock' rather than being "lost" in her character. That's probably because the movie didn't spend any time developing the character, but that's okay, I don't think that was the point. As an amateur space enthusiast, I enjoyed the thought provoking nature of the story line's setting. I have to say, although it may be a bit of a SPOILER ALERT (not a bad one), one of my favorite parts of the movie was an analogy made at the end about evolution. I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts, if you've seen it!

No comments:

Post a Comment