Friday, June 28, 2013

Do you think you're rich?


It's the strangest thing, but I clearly remember, when I was little I used to think that I'd feel rich if I could buy expensive make up when I was older. Isn't that random?

I remember my mom buying her mascara from our local drug store, and seeing how much more expensive it would be to buy it from a department store. It seemed like such a trivial item, so it just made sense that you must be rich if you could choose to spend $20 on mascara.

Well guess what? I grew up to be rich. How amazing is that? It doesn't mean I have money flowing out of my pockets, but my needs are always met. And I'm surrounded by people and things that bring me joy. So I think that makes me rich. And I think it's important to recognize that. In a world where people are always striving for more- I wanted to take time to acknowledge what I have, and recognize that what I have is a lot. And I'm grateful for it.

So what do you think? Do you feel rich? Is it shallow to even think of things like that? Do you think it's awkward to talk about money? What an interesting topic!

(image found via pinterest)

No comments:

Post a Comment