Monday, June 17, 2013

Are you a happy camper?

Do you like camping? Z, J, and I are looking for advice on a good LA adjacent camp for novices like ourselves. I've been camping a few times, but usually with friends who coordinate logistics. Even though I'm not an old pro, I really enjoy it. And I like to really "camp" when we do... none of that "glam-ping" stuff (see: air mattresses, camping near restaurants, etc).


So, do you have any recommendations? We're dreaming of going to Sequoia National Park (or maybe the redwoods?) in September. James will be one (!) and it should be after the busy season. So, we figure camping close to LA first would be good practice. So do you have any recommendations?? Any are appreciated!


P.S. Does anyone else think it's almost elitist that you have to reserve camping spots at national parks? Call me old fasioned- and I totally get the practical reasons why reservations are probably necessary- but I kind of like the idea of just showing up and popping a squat where ever there's a spot.

(photo credit: coffeinthemountains.tumblr.com and prettyrepin.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment