Monday, September 3, 2012

Are You Competitive?


A few weeks ago Zac and I got into a "fight" because of a board game. Okay, maybe it wasn't so much of a fight, as I was just mad at him because of something he did in the game, and it's been so long I can't even remember why. How embarrassing.

What I do remember is that it was over a BOARD GAME. Silly right? I'm not the only one though, right? I mean, it's obviously clear, I take games too seriously. And of course this lends itself to my competitiveness in things like Fantasy Football, and making bets over silly things, like guessing with my colleagues what the next picture on our office calendar would be. Ridiculous, I know, but they started it. I even wrote my college entrance essay on competition.

But how about you? Am I alone on this one? Maybe it's because I grew up in Vegas.... Nah! That can't be it.

(picture via ffffound)

2 comments:

  1. You are not alone! Marc, Micah, and Randy always get on me about turning everything we do into a competition. Whether its a game of HORSE before practice or a rock throwing contest...I want to win! Life is better with competition. Learning how to win AND lose is an integral part of growing and understanding life! Love the blogs T!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HORSE! Love the feedback Tom!! I agree and think that healthy competition definitely makes like more interesting!

    ReplyDelete