Sunday, March 31, 2013

Do you usually root for the underdog?



So it's no secret, I'm a huge college basketball fan. I don't really follow much throughout the year, but once March rolls around, our TV is usually tuned in to the tournament. Although I do have Louisville winning it all (the only #1 seed left in the tournament), I can't help but find myself root for the underdog- no matter what my bracket says.

This year, Wichita State has made it to the Final Four, which is a huge upset for lots of basketball fans out there, but I love it. And I'm not just talking about basketball, it's in my nature to root for the underdog. But I'm curious, is that the norm? Do we all love the underdog? Is it just human nature to root for the improbable? I mean Rocky I, II, III, IV, V, and VI can't be wrong... we all get a thrill seeing the little guy win, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment