Sunday, March 9, 2014

Changes







In case you didn't know.. I'm moving from Los Angeles, from where I've called home for the last 9 years of my life since my dad died and my mom moved here, and I officially didn't go "home" to Las Vegas anymore. I've grown up here. Not in the adolescent way, but in that twenty something way. It's where I met my husband, got married, had my first baby, lived in the same apartment for more than five years, it's where I met some of my best friends and was still able to stay connected with friends far away.

And, I'm okay with leaving. Maybe it's what's left of the wanderlust in me, but I welcome the change. I don't want to live in the same apartment building for thirty years like my dad did. Although I love that he did. He was living his dream, acting in LA. And now I'm living mine. I'm going to have a "big" family, live in the 'burbs, but close enough to the city, and hopefully buy a house and save up enough money to travel the world bit by bit. That sounds like a pretty good life to me. But I'll still miss my first true city love, Los Angeles.

Place has always held a lot of importance for me. And this goodbye is going to be hard. I've got a lot going on, but I hope in the crazy mix of all the responsibilities associated with moving your life to a new place, I get to take a minute to think about how this old place has shaped me. And I think to properly say goodbye to it, I need to reflect a bit on where I've been and where I am now. Who I am now. That's a tall order. Thanks for letting me do it with you.

What's going on with you lately? Any changes?

No comments:

Post a Comment