Sunday, January 19, 2014

LACMA with the family

I can't remember the last time I've been to the LA County Museum of Art (LACMA), so since we were finally all healthy this weekend, we thought we'd venture out, and I'm so glad we did!


I was joyfully surprised by how kid friendly LACMA is. There's lots of fun exhibits, like the spaghetti-like-walk-through-yellow fun area (not it's official title) above. James loved it!


And of course the well known Urban Light installation in the front of the museum was a good time to play 'catch me if you can' with James.


And this "Metropolis II" installation was a super cool treat for all of us. It's like a giant hot wheels race track with a real live operator in the middle of it all (see her there??)

Afterward, we went across the street and ordered some food from the food trucks parked outside. And other than James biting his tongue and my hot dog being less than awesome, it was a great day.

If you're free tomorrow, and live in LA, admission is free! While I'm sure it'll be busy.. it should be a fun time! I'm planning to go back for Story Time at the Boone Children's Gallery since it's free on Mondays and Fridays at 2. Do you like museums? I actually like galleries more because I feel overwhelmed at museums sometimes. There is never enough time to see all of what they have to offer. And that was certainly the case today. But instead of trying to fit it all in, I'll just plan to go back. So, will you visit?



No comments:

Post a Comment