Tuesday, April 30, 2013

The Great Gatsby



Have you seen trailers for The Great Gatsby? I can't wait. It's no secret that I love Leo, but I also love Baz Luhrmann, who directed one of my favorite movies, Moulin Rouge. The cinematography for this looks so unbelievable, with the vibrant colors and beautiful 1920's attire, it's stunning already and I haven't even seen it yet.





A few friends commented that they didn't like the book and Zac said he doesn't want to see the movie with me either. But I remember enjoying the book when I read it in high school. I think the friends who don't want to see it have difficulty finding interest in 'rich people problems'. But I think it's about more than that. I don't remember everything about the Great Jay Gatsby, but I think the book was like a character study. And I do like a good character study. I might even have to go find an old copy and give it a read before I go see it.

Who's coming with me??

No comments:

Post a Comment