Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Where To Eat Wednesday: Al Gelato

So I started a diet with Zac last week. Let's just say it hasn't been the greatest week in the world. But I'm seeing results already, so I'm encouraged to continue. Don't worry, the diet won't stop me from posting about amazing food finds in LA, and it won't stop me from being the devoted foodie that I am. So today I recommend that you check out Al Gelato if you're in the mood for some legitimate pasta.


Al Gelato was recommended to me by a friend a few months ago, so Zac and I went there for a date. It's a small, unassuming restaurant on Robertson in Beverly Hills, and I was surprised by the casual but charming ambiance. The establishment's name kind of gives away what they're known for, but the Italian ice cream wasn't what stood out to me. What I remember is the LINGUINE.

At first, I was a little disappointed when reading the menu and seeing that the pasta, although made in house, was served plain, aside from the basil that it's cooked in and the giant meatball that you can order as a side dish. I also thought the price seemed really high for pasta. But oh no. This handmade linguine is to die for, and the price was worth it given that I had about four servings of leftovers! Zac ordered a pizza, and devoured that faster than I devoured mine. So needless to say, if you're a pasta (and gelato) fan AND you're not on a carb-cycling diet like me right now, hurry on over to Al Gelato when you can!

No comments:

Post a Comment