Monday, May 28, 2012

Swoon


This beautiful bride designed her own dress! Isn't it so pretty and feminine? If I got hitched again, or more appropriately, renewed my vows, I would love to try on this beauty for size.

During the wedding planning process, dress shopping was my FAVORITE. Although, the prices easily got ridiculous. I remember trying on a dress just for fun, and while it probably was perfect, the sales woman actually tried to justify the outrageous price by saying "just try to cut some things out of your budget.." I was like, um, like all of the food!?

Even with a limited budget, that didn't matter, I had fun. I remember thinking that I loved every dress. But even though, I probably went to ten stores because no matter how beautiful each dress was I couldn't see myself getting married in it. I remember considering how the dress would hold up as I performed my dirty dancing (yes, dirty dancing) number with Zac. And voile, I chose a hopelessly simple cotton number from J Crew. I never thought I'd end up with something so simple. But it made it that much more fun to accessorize and make my own. Just goes to show how much I know.


Do you have a dream dress? Did you like dress shopping when you were engaged?

(top photo via 100 Layer Cake and second photo of me and Zac :)

No comments:

Post a Comment